Saturday, October 19, 2013

The people know of ecological practices of your family's or your social class. Lamentably this social context in which develop the people is very important in the hour of  desitions, for example think in recycle.

Not participate in any eco-organization, however I would love to participate. I think this situation has been caused by misinformation. I think the eco-organizations are very useful, they are places where one can learn from good practices for environmental protection.

I think I'm not a "green", but I try to recycle, I go to school by bike and I prefer organic food before GM, and I participated in marches on the issue, the motion of water, anti Monsanto marches. I am aware that my practices are still not enough, but I'd like to follow in the way of recycling and learn more and more.

To reduce my carbon footprint I try not to abuse the water, my showers are short, try to reduce, reuse and recycle following the three R's of ecology. As I mentioned before I ride a bike around the city (I try) not pollute so much and is a good sport.

In our society mainly lack ecological education (one of many ways to educate the population) children in schools do not know much about ecology, taught other things like increase their competitiveness with their peers, and so on. Chile has a large debt policy to guide people to good environmental practices.
On the other hand Santiago, how in other cities lacking eco-gardens, places to stop what recycled paper bags instead of plastic bags.

 I believe that through these little big things can build a better society.

3 comments:

  1. Your technique for reduce yur carbon footprint are very useful. I hope that you continue in this way.

    Regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to waste the water is a very important thing about recycling! I try to do the same

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Luna, your technique for reduce carbon footprint are very useful and I hope someday have a bike again :). See you girls!

    ReplyDelete